N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

I am the director of a small 501c3 charity that operates a

Customer Question

I am the director of a small 501c3 charity that operates a clinic in rural Haiti. We want to terminate the manager of the clinic. We have been very fair to this person, we comply withal the requirements for hours, vacation and holidays. We pay a wage of $475.00 per month for 4 (8hr) days per week.
We absolutely have cause. This persons allowed the stealing of 6monthsof food designated for the nutrition program; deliberately plotted to cover it up; lied to us about it; allowed expired drugs to be strewn all over the clinic grounds which could have resulted in illness or death for a child-- many who play there daily. We are now being told that we have to give her two months notice and pay a month following to terminate. Can you give me guidance on Haitian Termination law?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. Termination for cause does not require that much notice to the employee but it does require notice to the Department of Labour, see sections 42 and 43 ofhttps://books.google.com/books?id=VmfxCQAAQBAJ&pg=PA122&lpg=PA122&dq=Haiti+employment+law+termination+for+cause&source=bl&ots=q5uxHwXZOE&sig=aGGn9ohUvC80-5sJX_x6U8seJyQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi5krWt_brMAhUG0GMKHWznA7gQ6AEIKDAA#v=onepage&q=Haiti%20employment%20law%20termination%20for%20cause&f=false​ you will have to click View All then click 91. You can find local attorneys there listed athttp://photos.state.gov/libraries/haiti/231771/PDFs/List%20of%20Attorneys%202015.pdf I hope this information is helpful.