Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Years of experience in running a medium sized law firm.
7286322

My wifes doctor has been having her and 3 others use his stamp

Customer Question

my wifes doctor has been having her and 3 others use his stamp as a signeture for a year and now she lost her job and nothing happens to doctor who gave them his stamp and told them to use it instead of having him fisically sign. can they fire her when she was doing as told by her boss?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. Unfortunately, the answer is yes. An employer generally has the right to terminate an employee FOR ANY REASON.The only reasons one cannot be fired for are: -PUBLIC POLICY (discrimination based on race, religion, creed, etc; or, a retaliatory termination due to a claim made by an employee); or-CONTRACT POLICY (if one has a contract that disallows such a termination)-COVENANT OF GOOD FAITH (firing an employee to avoid paying a benefit, for example) Otherwise, an employer can terminate for any reason, without notice. It can be based on a mistaken rumor, or, just the fact that they do not like her shoes one day. Or if the employer was disciplined by the Board for improper use of the stamp and decides to fire the employee just because. You will hear "right to work" a lot. However, that does not mean what people think it means. All this means is that at time of being employed, the employee has a choice whether or not to join a union as a condition of employment. So yes, they can do this, I am afraid. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.