Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

Are non-compete agreements enforceable in Maryland? I am in

Customer Question

Are non-compete agreements enforceable in Maryland? I am in a psychiatric practice with a 15 mile radius. Others have left and opened practices within the radius but I try to be as respectful as possible. I actually work in 2 different locations for the same company. I found a new location for my own practice that is 16 miles away from one and 13 miles away from the other. Any advice?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Just to clarify - you are an employee of a psychiatric practice and have a non-compete with your employer that states you cannot compete within 15 miles of their practice? Further, what is your position - you are a psychiatrist?