Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I have a cleaning business in florida that is owned by my 401k.

Customer Question

I have a cleaning business in florida that is owned by my 401k. My wife and I are considered full time employees. I am about to increase the hours of one of our office workers to "full time." Monday thru friday 8-4. I have a few questions.
1) Does the company have to provide health insurance for the office worker if the company DOES NOT provide it for us.
2) Does the company have to provide health insurance for the office worker if the company DOES provide it for us.
3) Am I required to offer her a certain amount of vacation and sick time
There are a total of 24 employess; myself, my wife, the office worker and 21 "maids" who all work between 20 and 30 hours per week depending on the demand.
Thank you
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
1) If no healthcare is provided to any employee, then you do not have to provide it to the office worker.
2) If you do provide healthcare to any worker, you must treat all employees the same and provide them all the opportunity for coverage.
3) As a small employer, you are not bound under the Affordable Care Act to be mandated to provide insurance.
4) There is no FL or federal law mandating you offer employees any sick or vacation days. Granting sick pay or vacation pay days to employees is purely the discretion of the employer and not required by any laws.