Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law

I have been a salaried employee going on 6 years in the State

Customer Question

I have been a salaried employee going on 6 years in the State of GEorgia. I have been able to work from my home 1-2 days per week the whole time. My boss now wants to convert me to hourly and pay me only when I am physically at the office which is one hour away from my home. Can he do this legally?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. In Georgia you are an at will employee and he can change the terms here of employment, that includes salary and requiring you to work where they are located.You have option to quit here to comply and look for work.Unless you can show discrimination here, that is they singled you out because of age, sex, race, etc they can do this.I truly wish I could tell you otherwise. You can quit here arguing constructive termination and file for UI benefits in such a situation.Such a distance would likely fall into constructive termination/undue hardship as far as quitting here. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and the best to you.
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.
Reference to at will employment. EEOC if you want to claim discrimination here if they singled you out for such treatment.
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.
It was pleasure to work with you today, let me know if you have more follow up it is never a problem.