Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

I got contigent job offer that I probably don't want

Customer Question

hello I got contigent job offer that I probably don't want because I landed great job. This offer however, does not start till about August and the company has not even got award from government. Am I obligated for this at will contract to take if they do get award? Because I am new at job I love so far I don't want to say no to contigent job in case something goes wrong
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Employment Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: i am in Saudi and happy but just started a week ago so I wanted to keep this other job open in Alaska in case this did not work out
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 6 months ago.
You are not obligated. You are an employee at will and free to accept, decline, and even accept and then decline.
Kindly let me know if fast and acceptable