Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Former judicial law clerk, lawyer
26798026

I don't understand why you are not receiving my questions.

Customer Question

I don't understand why you are not receiving my questions. I have sent questions and summary 2 or 3 times. It is 4:25 in the morning in Marquette, Mi. I think I made a few mistakes with this "just answer" program. My wife works in an Office with 20 other employees. No union, no union representative. CEO refuses to have a witness come with my wife to his office and review her progress or lack of progress regarding her performance of her job and the new work assignment that she is having trouble catching on to. Stressful, frustrating, from the onset of this new work load of doing the billing for the company she has had some training but everything is new and the CEO doesn't like her asking one person who was teaching her how to do billing any questions and pulling her away from her work. My opinion is that he is rigid, controlling not working with the issue of new job assignment and questions her ability to do the added on new billing job. He says it should not take more than 4 hours. Well, my wife works at it for 8 hours and is still has issues completing the checks so he can look them over and sign them. My wife has been working for this company for 26 years, had 4 different CEO's and this man is about her age 68 yrs. young. Something smells fishy in Denmark when he wants her alone in his office when he goes over her performance skills and her new work load of doing billing for the company with limited training. He questioned her health, if something was wrong at home, was she having concentration difficulties at work. My opinion is that she cancel her meeting on Thursday and she will get back to him in a week regarding his request for a private meeting with just her and him in his closed door office.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Hi Bruce, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It looks like your earlier questions did not post, and I apologize for the inconvenience. The end of your question got cut off. Often, when people only present a set of facts, the issues that jump out at us aren't necessarily the things you're curious about. Too often, without a list of questions, we'll wind up telling you things you already knew. With that in mind, what are your specific questions about your wife's work environment?