CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I started a joint venture company with another partner back

Customer Question

I started a joint venture company with another partner back in 2011 (to create a cyber security system that has an artificial intelligence). The partner, whom I formed the joint venture with, has now taken me to court, accusing me of being an employee when I have an official partnership agreement, as well this ex-partner has filed a civil injunction relief to attain my source code, property after making a fake police report to attain and seized property without due clause.
I'm looking for an attorney to represent me in the case and fight for my rights, privacy civil liberties, as well my patents and equal shares owned within the joint venture company, assets.
The deadline to respond to the civil injunction relief is May 2, 2016.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 6 months ago.
Dear Customer,I am sorry to learn of this situation.Unfortunately this forum is a "general information" forum, so while we cannot provide you with representation, or provide you with a specific referral, I can provide you with information to help you locate an attorney that is appropriate to your case and hopefully able to represent you in defending against these claims made by your business partner.You are going to be looking for a "civil litigation attorney" (a general practitioner or a business law attorney would be perfectly acceptable, although with the tech element associated with this matter, if you can find a civil litigator with experience in intellectual property that may be particularly helpful as I believe that is probably going to be a crucial element to a lot of your asset arguments as this matter moves forward).A civil litigation attorney is going to be able to get a response (or at least get a continuance) in place before the 2nd, but you are going to want to contact them as early as possible - when contacting attorneys, make sure to notify them of this deadline.You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).