Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was a RN in home care in NH,did an admission with a patient

Customer Question

Hi I was a RN in home care in NH,did an admission with a patient that was not going to be my patient. I t for an office in the next town. family dynamics were difficult. One daughter during the assessment states that she doesn't want her sister on the privacy form. She wants nursing to ask each time if other sister present moms permission to talk in front of sister. Sister lives in front home and mom stays overnight with that sister if the other one is available. I leave the home 3:50pm. I am sitting in driveway calling MD for my orders to admit her onto HCS services. less than 2 minutes out of the home the other sister tries to drive into driveway but I am blocking driveway. I pull ahead to get onto the small dirt road so that car can pull in but she does she sits across from my car and waits for my to end my phone call. Then she asks how's it going? the just of the 1-2min conversation was if she was my mom I would call a neurologist and I drove off. Some one at 8pm calls my DON.Next morning DON wants my admit paperwork, she and quality control come in and ask what I said to the sister. I state the sentence, they ask if I know a Mary which was neither sister or the patients name. 6 hours later I am fired with no talk of what was said by accusers. My don states that by my own admission I am being fired. Now in the last 4 weeks I have also applied for other jobs within the community and my boss was aware of it along with others in the company as I had applied for another job within the company. Did I violate hippa and did they take an opportunity to get rid of me because I was unhappy with the new paperwork put into place and I voiced my opinion? Thanks
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.
I am sorry, but I am having trouble understanding your post. Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties, and the issues, and resubmit. Thank you for your cooperation,