Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I worked depot . I was called into the managers

Customer Question

I worked for home depot . I was called into the managers office . They stated that I purchased a grill and I rung my self up authorized my own discounts. 2 supervisors gave me permission to purchase it . The garden supervisor authorized an employee to ring me up it was never done under my name. They also stated that I let a customer go out the door with a mini refrigerator retailing at 63 dollars as it was on clearence. I never did either but I was terminated. Never even showed me proof. Advice and consel group also told me it was 63 dollars . Now I received a letter from law offices of micheal ira Aden for 173.46 . I'm an at will employee what can I do I am being framed and this will cause to not be able to get a job, or my unemployment . I reached out to the ceo and vice president and got no help . This Is ridiculous. I need help
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.
I am so sorry to read about your difficulties. Eventhough you are an at will employee and the employer can terminate you for any reason or for no reason at all so long as the reason for your termination is not based on the prohibited grounds of race, age, gender, and the like, if the employer states the reason for your termination and that reason is false, you can challenge it by retaining an Attorney to file lawsuit against the employer for wrongful termination. You can also prevail in your application for unemployment compensation if you convince the hearing officer that you were wrongfully terminated. So, you should not hesitate applying for unemployment benefits. You can use the following sites to find localemployment Attorneys: Lawyers.com Justia.com Findlaw.com Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.