Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Can a company retain a contracted employee to continue providing

Customer Question

Can a company retain a contracted employee to continue providing services for that company's facilities and have that employee work for the newly contracted company doing the same service?,Can a company retain a contracted employee to continue providing services for that company's facilities without any retaliations or penalties and have that employee work for the newly contracted company doing the same service?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. If both the employer and employee want to continue the employment relationship, I fail to understand who would retaliate or penalize. Can you please clarify? Also, is there a union involved? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.