Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

My employer was acting outside the scope of the law in regard

Customer Question

My employer was acting outside the scope of the law in regard to speech Pathology in the charter school. I'm a SpeechPathologist with a strict Code of Ethics I must follow. Over 2 months time period I beseeched them to follow the Ethics Rules. Over this time period I was requesting an in-person 1:1 meeting with my supervisor to present detailed examples of their habitual trangressing of the laws. When I did finally achieve the meeting and presented, the supervisor respond (in the meeting) You are pointing lots of fingers at us; you can't find anything good about the school; you don't like us. A week later, although nothing had ever been negatively said about my performance, they presented a list of tiny behaviors they painted as poor of mine. They were extremelly angry during my presentation and after. Now I am a scapegoat.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 months ago.
HelloThis is SAmuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.I am sorry to hear of this matter. The fact is, however, unless they are pointing out things that are inaccurate about your performance, and you can show that this is because of your race, religion, gender, age, national origin or other discriminatory factor you would not have recourse.You can make the report to the local school board regarding the Speech pathology issues and let them know that you are now being harassed. But the harassment would not be illegal under the EEOC unless it is based on discrimination. Also if you are a member of a union you should discuss it with your union rep.Please let me know if you have other questions, need more information or clarification. Otherwise a positive rating will ensure I get credit for my time and information.Thank you.