Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I will be at my job years in October this year. I make

Customer Question

I will be at my job for 5 years in October this year. I make $14 an hour. Out of the last three years I've only gotten a 50 cent raise. I'm a forklift operator. There are 5 of us. Two of the guys have been here longer than me. But the other two haven't. One is working on three years and the other is working on one year. The guy that's been here 3 years makes $16.50 and the newest guy makes $17.50. He's the plant Presidents brother. Keep in mind they're all white. I'm the only black driver. I always ask how come they make more than me but they just make up excuses to get me out there face. Then same with every other black person that works here. We all make less in our positions. Even people with lower positions than me make more money than me. I come to work everyday and work just as hard as the rest of the if not harder. It's just not right. They treat us like nobodies. It's just not right. I'm tired of it and I'm sure they are too. I just need to know what I can do. Is it possible to sue them? Somethings has to change. If we can sue them then let's do it. Please
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry to hear this. I think you have a very strong basis for a discrimination claim. Before employing an attorney, the state of Arkansas has a state agency that can help you to pursue this clear discrimination... If the companies suspends you or fires you for filing this complaint then you would have a good claim for retaliation for which you could sue utilizing an attorney.