RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

My name is ***** ***** Toro, my employment got terminated today,

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** Toro, my employment got terminated today, I was an outside contractor for a large CPG company, my company serviced this large CPG company, however my position was given to the contractor that works directly for the company pressured by the client, is that legal??
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I worked for the packaging communications division, recently there was a merger in divisions and my client was being forced to cut personnel, so she went and pressured my boss to hire her hired help with my company, since we do the same work that her help does...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Employment Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. Unfortunately, there are no state or federal laws that make this unlawful. In the absence of a contract between you and the employer guaranteeing you certain rights -such as continued employment through a certain date or the right to a hearing before termination - the employer is within its legal rights to terminate you in favor of the the other company employees. Even employees who are not in a contractor position have only slightly more rights than those in a contract position, and typically speaking, work on an "at will" basis, meaning they too can be terminated with or without cause, at any time, for almost any reason. If you need clarification or additional information, please reply, and I'll be happy to assist further. Thank you.