Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience

I fell in the parking lot at work and sustained a cucussion

Customer Question

i fell in the parking lot at work and sustained a cucussion I have a lawyr but ince the injury I was placed on a improverment 90 day. I still have medical issues and today my boss told me since I have a company phone and alaptop that I am on 24 by 7 call. I am a xempt
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have a permanent disability, not a temporary one, you can request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act. If your disability is temporary, there is no law preventing the employer from putting you on call at all times as an exempt employee, but if they are doing this in retaliation for your filing a claim for the injury, then you need to inform your personal injury lawyer because he would include that retaliation claim in your personal injury claim.