Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I am a licensed journeyman electrian. I was hired by a company

Customer Question

I am a licensed journeyman electrian. I was hired by a company required to have a licensed electrician on board to install or supervise the installs.
While I was on vacation for a week, I express told him and the other unlicensed electricians not to do any electrical hook ups in my absence.
He ignored my demands and had the unlicensed electricians install the systems anyway resulting in the blowing up of a relay.
What are my rights and can I sue him for jeopardizing my license?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If he has improperly done work unsupervised AND it cost you monetary damage, you could sue for that damage. If it did not actual jeopardize your license and cause you to get sanctioned or fined and you did not have any actual loss related to the work they did when you were away, then legally you would not have a cause of action, because you would have to prove you suffered the actual damages before you could sue.