Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I work Energy. On February 16th they came out with a

Customer Question

I work for GE Energy. On February 16th they came out with a early retirement offer. My Supervisor called me and asked me if I had read my email that they had made this offer. I told him I was on the road that I would look at it when I got home. This was around 2:30pm in the afternoon. He said look at it i need an answer by tomorrow. I told him I would need more time but he said he needed an answer. I called him the next day and told him if he needed an answer I would not be taking the offer because I did not have enough time to review or get on the conference calls later in the week. Three weeks later I was put on a coaching plan which is the start of the dismissal process. I was also denied a raise because I was on this coaching plan. There was another manager who received the off and he said he was told he needed an answer back that day. I will be 62 in September. Thanks for any help or advice you can give me!
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 6 months ago.
did company violate its own policies or discriminate against you? are you asking for options?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This offer was the furred to over 200 people. I believe I am being discriminated against because I only had one day to review this offer.
That time period is not sufficient. Practically, you may want to have local counsel to reach out and negotiate. When met with this simple step, the employer will usually reconsider and change/improve terms, not wanting risk or exposure to a lawsuit or other action.