I live in Texas an at will
state and was told two days ago my services were being terminated. I just received 100% of my annual bonus and my boss has been happy with my performance. In fact, he was unaware I was being terminated. My work has produced $110m in revenue to my company in the last two years.
My challenge is several items:
1. Our CEO hit on my several months ago asking me to go out and get me drunk.
2. I told my boss about it and told her that at this point I would shut him down. She has worked for him for more than 10 years. The nature of their relationship is unknown to me.
3. In my entire 24 year career I have never gone to HR regarding work issues, however felt forced to regarding a performance issue with my boss.
4. The Director of HR had me report to a new boss and things have progresses well for the last four months.
5. I had an employee on my team that our CEO was very fond of, however very unqualified for the position. I have been Mentoring her since last March and she continues to under perform. I have documented the her performance issues. Such as helping with a proposal which is part of her job. In front of one of my team member she boldly told me no. I was shocked and so was my other team member. The next day I had a performance discussion with her and she went too our local HR team.
6. Since that time there have been meny other documented example that I shared with my boss. He has been very supportive of the steps I have been taking.
7. This employee has gone to HR after each discussion, the local HR Manager is very chummy with my old boss, and has been trying to mount a case against me.
8. For the last two years Ihave had no other issues with other team members, yet yesterday was terminated receiving my full bunus and an offer of two months salary to go away.
9. My boss and other coworkers were in shock and when I asked the reason in front of our attorney, I was told the company is moving in another direction. I know this is not true.
What recourse do I have in an at will state where I have been harassed, discriminated against and never been given the opportunity to address this HR Manager who clearly has issues with me personally?