Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

If your employer neglects to deduct your health insurance from

Customer Question

If your employer neglects to deduct your health insurance from your pay stubs but has been covering you for three years and you did not know and they just realized their mistake is the employee responsible to pay back those three years worth of premiums?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.Unfortunately the answer is yes. The only way the employee would not be responsible is if they can prove that the employer deliberately made the error. ​If there was no deliberate error, then the employee will need to repay the costs. I wish it was better news. It may be possible to work a plan out with the employer where a certain amount extra for the premium is taken from each check until that amount is paid in full.
​Please let me know if you need more information in this regard. Otherwise, a positive rating ensures I get credit for my time and information provided.Thank you.