John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.

There. I got off from my job of 5 years in January

Customer Question

Hi there. I got laid off from my job of 5 years in January 2016. I interviewed with a company and was originally told that I would be hired as an employee, have benefits etc. I didn't hear from the company for 3 weeks but I was alerted yesterday that the company wants to hire me but only as an Independent Contractor, that there won't be any benefits and offered to bump up my pay rate. This doesn't feel right to me. I went over the classification as an Independent Contractor for the State of Oregon and the potential employer already has the hours chosen for me, I will be using their equipment etc. I want to work for this company but this doesn't feel right. I have a copy of the contract and was willing if an employment lawyer would be willing to look it over and give any thoughts?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Sure I'll review it. We generally do not review documents on here as there is a substantial amount of time involved in getting the document, reviewing it, asking follow up questions etc. I am going to submit an "additional services" offer to you for this. If the terms of my offer are agreeable, accept the offer and I will instruct you on how to forward the document to me. I will then review it. Thanks.