socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I am an Owner/employee LLC in CA. I

Customer Question

Hi, ***** *****. I am an Owner/employee for an LLC in CA. I am looking to see if I need to carry workers comp insurance for myself.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What kind of details
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Employment Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 9 months ago.
Hello, Cal. Labor Code 3351(f) exempts owner-members of an LLC from the requirements of the workers' compensation laws, but only if the owner-member is a managing member. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using Justanswer!
Hello again,I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer – otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using Justanswer!