Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law

I am 67 years old, my husband is 77. I have a full time

Customer Question

I am 67 years old, my husband is 77. I have a full time job and not collecting to collect any SS benefit, considering to work up to 70. He is collecting his benefits now.
How can I file-suspend my SS benefit taking into account it will be over 29 Apr 2016?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can I still do that in the remaining 13 days? Should I go to the SS office and fill out the application?
Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you.Yes you should go and file, make an appointment here to do so in person. Here is reference about the process.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
In case, I will be able to apply to this benefit, the 50% that he is going to add to his benefit will be calculation from my current $2000 per/month or calculated by the age of 70 years old $2550?
Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.
your Social Security card (or a record of your number);your original birth certificate or other proof of birth (You may also submit a copy of your birth certificate certified by the issuing agency);proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status if you were not born in the U.S. [More Info];a copy of your U.S. military service paper(s) (e.g., DD-214 - Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) if you had military service before 1968; anda copy of your W-2 form(s) and/or self-employment tax return for last yearI would take your spouse with you here.I appreciate the chance to help you tonight and wish you the best here.
Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.
If you suspend you get half his monthly benefit.You can then file later for yours based on your wages. Thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.
If you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.