John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.

I failed a preemployment drug screen

Customer Question

I failed a preemployment drug screen for marijuana for LPN in Ohio. Will I be turned into BON?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I thought I was clean. Took drug test and failed, positive for marijuana. I am not working there. Will they turn me into Board of Nursing?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Employment Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
No, they wouldn't have a basis to turn you in. If you were a known drug abuser (i.e., someone who spent enough time with you could attest you were habitually under the influence) or another medical provider observed you under the influence on the job, then they'd have the duty to turn you in. Just a positive drug test when you aren't even working there is not enough to substantiate any type of claim against your ability to practice.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require furtherassistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question tothe best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledgeand experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.