Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I was terminated from my job as a mortgage officer after 3

Customer Question

I was terminated from my job as a mortgage officer after 3 years of employment. The reason for dismissal was "Repeated violations of Behavior Standards Operating Procedure". I had 1 prior violation in 3 years. Then my manager reported me to HR for telling him I felt he was unethical about the way he went about changing our commission structure. He slipped an agreement in front of at a meeting and told us they made a change because the company wasn't making as much money on HELOC's as they wanted so they made this change. When I left the meeting I went back and calculated how this new commission structure would impact us and found the new structure benefited the company significantly. At my termination the company offered to allow me to resign or they would terminate me. They offered me a severance package in lieu of suing them for any reason. I feel my termination was in retaliation for voicing my opinion. I was an at will employee. Do I have any rights?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Do you believe you were treated differently than other employees due to your race, religion, ethnicity, etc.?
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Are you online with me?