Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I work county government ran hospital. I am a parent

Customer Question

I work for a county government ran hospital. I am a parent with a child that has an IEP. My manager makes a big fuss over when my meetings will take place. I let my manager know ahead of time, or when my team gives me the date of the meeting I let my manger know. Several she has denied me my requested time for these meetings, I have changed several meetings to make my manager happy. She states that even though I have a legal obligation to an IEP meeting but I have a bigger legal obligation to my job. My child's school psychologist has told me they have never given any of her other parents any trouble before me. I have a union and through their recommendation I am in the middle of applying for FMLA for my child. However my concern is that since of right now I don't have FMLA and my manager is trying to hold this against my record. Can this organization get in trouble for not letting me attend the meeting my team gives me ( I don't request them).
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this. What is your child's developmental or learning disability, etc, which warranted the IEP?
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!