Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

Pearl, I'm trying to fill out the case management statement

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I'm trying to fill out the case management statement and I'm having a hard time understanding how to fill it out.
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: filling out the case management statement
JA: Anything else I can tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: I just found out that the parties were not served and have to serve them this week.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm suing for Wrongful Termination - Age & Sex Discrimination - and have already filed the Summons - Complaint - Declaration. However now I need to fill out the case management statement to be served along with the other papers. I'm having a hard time understanding the wording, and need some help on filling it out please! Thank you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What specifically are you having a hard time understanding?
What is your state?
It is best to work through this in writing as it would likely be easier for you than by phone.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a dental appt. I'm on my way to, however, I will get back online as soon as I get back. I hope that will be OK, or please let me know when a good time is for you!
Thank you.
Okay, that is fine, whenever you get back. I will be traveling for business tomorrow so my response just may be a little delayed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
On the top of the page I put myself as the Plaintiff and list an individual as the Defendant. The other names wouldn't fit, so... I marked #3 as "C" and I listed the 3 other people/agencies plus one witness in that box, but I don't know if that's where I list them. Then basically I don't know what to write from #4 on??? I'm still working on #8 (finding an attorney to represent me).
Also, I just found out that the papers I had, weren't served to them. So I have to get that done as soon as I can get this Statement finished (as I believe it has to be served with the Summons/Declaration/Civil Case Cover Sheet. How am I doing so far... am I on the right track??
I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
Thank you for your reply.
If there are more than one defendant, then you need to put "et. al" next to the one name and then list additional defendants on a separate sheet of paper to attach to the statement under the heading "additional defendants"
You can list them in #3 as well. If you can upload the document you are working on here I can look at #4 and see what you need to put in the form.
You do have to serve the complaint with a summons/declaration and cover sheet.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I appreciate his time and knowledge, and I will request him again should the need arise. However, I was working in a short time frame to get everything done. It would of taken too long to correspond back and forth to get everything filled out and filed on time. Thank you.
thank you for your reply. As the experts are not employees of the site and have real practices, we do the best we can while juggling our cases in our offices as well. Wish you the best.