Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience

I'm running Union, may opponent has had a

Customer Question

I'm running for office for a Union, may opponent has had a web site and a Facebook page up advertising he is running for the same office for the last three year. Would this be considered a unfair advantage?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
No, with the invention and proliferation of social media, the law does not consider that an unfair advantage, especially because you can do the exact same thing and you can put up your own facebook page and your own website advertising you are running against him for the position. The law when enacted about unfair advantages did not even ever consider use of the internet in these campaigns, including mass mailing your members to solicit votes.