Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Since january 2nd of 2016, my employer has forced all employees

Customer Question

Since january 2nd of 2016, my employer has forced all employees to work 11 hour days, 6 days a week. Oct 3rd of 2015, I broke my hand, off work, but my employer forced me to work for 2 days before I could see a doctor and prove I had a bro***** *****d. And finally, I became ill at work and had to leave my shift early and when I returned, I was written up and reprimanded for being sick. Do I have any options to protect my health and safety?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this is happening. Are you getting paid overtime for all these extra hours? Does your employer have a set attendance schedule that talks about leaving work early or taking time off? If so, what does it say?
Are you getting meal breaks and rest periods?