Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

I have a noncompete that states "the geographical areas covered by this restriction i

Customer Question

I have a noncompete that states "the geographical areas covered by this restriction include...". I still work with this company but have moved out of those locations. Can I leave the company and work for a competing company?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. Non-compete agreements only prohibit employees from working within the geographical areas specifically enumerated as "off limits" in the agreement. This means that an employee would not be in violation of their non-compete by working in areas "not covered by the restriction." In other words, an employee in your circumstance would typically be free to work for a competitor, since you are not working within an area covered by the non-compete. I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.* Disclaimer *Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed aby these communications.