socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

My husband is currently out of work. He went on an interview

Customer Question

My husband is currently out of work. He went on an interview 3 days ago, he accepted a position however after discussing his first impressions with his Manager, he felt that the Manager was a little off, socially strange, etc.... My husband called him on Friday evening to Thank him for the opportunity, but decline the position. The Manager said fine and hung up. This Manager has been calling us almost 10 times, calling my husband names, using vulgar language, etc. I finally got on the phone and talked to this person for over an hour. He told me he had anger management issues, is seeing a counselor, etc... I was very calm towards him and we ended the conversation, I thought well. I thanked him again for his opportunity for my husband... The Manager left a message yesterday this time very upbeat wishing us well, etc....Today we have been getting calls after calls...we are not picking up the phone. I went on yelp to see any customer reviews were posted online about this guy and yes there are...all with the same theme...poor customer service, many complaints about this guy calling back customers and yelling at them. What are our options if he continues to calls.....Thanks.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 11 months ago.
Hello, Keep track of all of the phone calls. If you are receiving the calls on a cell phone, then keep the log. A pattern of continued harassment is criminal stalking, so the next time the manager calls, you tell him that if he contacts you again, you will have no alternative but to contact the sheriff/police and file a criminal stalking report. If that doesn't stop the calls, then file the report. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using Justanswer!
Hello again,I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using Justanswer!