Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I sued my supervisors at the Veterans Affairs in state court and they moved it to federal

Customer Question

I sued my supervisors at the Veterans Affairs in state court and they moved it to federal court. I have to prepare a pleading for Distruct Court in TN. It is for retaliation. I was approved tomove from TN to GA and work from home. I filed a complaint and they waited until after I moved and told me I could notwork from home because I moved out of the state. I was homeless in TN for awhile and had to live apart from my disabed husband and granddaughter. I was finally able to transfer to Atlanta by taking a lower grade and lower paying job. I am 62 and they are much younger. Can I just file for retaliation or will it also fall under whistle blowing. The ordeal was very traumatic and I am still being treated for the emotional trauma. It cost me thousand to live in TN apart from my family as well as I used a lot of my leave becaue I became sick. They refused to file a workers comp for me initially and I am in the process of geting my claim reviewed by workers comp.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Are you asking if you can add this cause of action onto the lawsuit you already have pending?