How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2120
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

5 years ago the manager told 4 of us in the dispatch office

Customer Question

5 years ago the manager told 4 of us in the dispatch office that if we wanted to keep our jobs we would no longer have the 3 weeks vacation time the company handbook states we are entitled to as well as the other 1300 employees. He also made us cover for one another when there was an illness. Once again 3 weeks sick time refused. I had back surgery 3 years ago and was told to take off 4 weeks by my doctor. The manager said NO ! He is an alcoholic and got a DUI in the company car 5 years ago and still has his job. He sends porno pics to all of us ( i saved them with his company email address and date ) I have a photo of him peeing on Draper valley golf course par 4 sign , a pic of him drunk behind his desk at work. He is known as Teflon Tim because no matter what anyone says or does he never gets any reprimand. I complained 8 weeks ago that it was not fair what he was doing to us and now I am unemployed, downsizing was the excuse. I sent myself emails pointing out days he arrived intoxicated. Is there any room for justice and orcompensation here?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
Yes you may have a basis for a claim against them. You have a claim for a hostile work environment. You also have a potential claim for retaliation if there is evidence that you were fired because you raised complaints. At this point you need to contact a local employment attorney who can evaluate your claim and pursue it for you.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
You need to act soon as there are specific deadlines to file claims.

Related Employment Law Questions