John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.

My employer has been harsh. But they keep asking why I don't

Customer Question

My employer has been harsh. But they keep asking why I don't retire. Been there 33 years I'm only 58. Can they make me?
Submitted: 6 months ago via EmployeeIssues.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
How many employees does this employer have? What type of work is this? Are you an employee or are you something else such as a contractor or partner in the business?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2000 now but will be more we keep acquiring territory. We are a swire coca cola. Bottler. I am an employee for 33 years
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
I see. The answer is no they cannot make you retire. It is age discrimination to force you to retire. And, if they do something to force you into retirement, you'd have a case for age discrimination. In which case I'd suggest you consider filing a lawsuit against the employer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as itis the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require furtherassistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question tothe best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledgeand experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.