Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

Can't reach anyone live at unemployment office! I was

Customer Question

Can't reach anyone live at unemployment office!
I was laid off from a corporate job in December. Severance just ended. I took a part time job in retail sales in January with the hope it would help me learn the retail aspect of my industry. The job pays min pay. I am under an orthopedics care for my knees as Its hard to stand for 6-7 hrs a day. Can I collect unemploymnet and spend the time looking for a better salary job with different working conditions?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Yes, you can if you are working less than four days in a week and earn $425 or less. Click on the link below to see how to complete your unemployment application: Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.