Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I am a former FERS employee who worked different agencies

Customer Question

I am a former FERS employee who worked for 4 different agencies of the federal gov't.
I put 9 years and 3 months in and was just informed that my annuity would be $257 per
month. That's about what I expected. I put in for retirement last fall (2015) and was
under the impression that I would receive retroactive annuity payment to my 62nd birthday. I am now 66.6 years old. The retroactive amount of $2691 went from May 1st of last year until 03/31/2016. I was expecting 4+ times that amount, since I was 62 in
August of 2011. Am I off-base in my expectation and not entitled because I have less than
10 years in? Looking for answers.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.
Your expectation and calculation is correct unless the terms are different. You want to submit a claim with the HR department and seek payment for the balance. you can also involve counsel if you wish to reach out for payment.Kindly let me know if that is clear and acceptable.
Kindly rate me positively.