Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I was an city carrier assistant at the post office weeks.

Customer Question

I was an city carrier assistant at the post office for 7 weeks. I was let go because I could not deliver the mail fast enough and had a hard time finding my way around the routes with out maps etc. Prior to my thirty day review I was told to resign by the customer service manager in a very intimidating way. I decided not to quit and keep trying to improve, hoping to get past the 90 day grace period in order to be able to apply for positions inside the organization more aligned with my professional experience (lean plus and project management) My separation contained several errors and false statements. It also pushed the date of my discharge out over a week from when I was let go. The problem is that it has potentially damaged my ability to regain any type of federal employment and has delayed my access to unemployment which is impacting my credit rating...which again could prevent me from finding another job. I feel the comments were malicious because the supervisor was angry that I just kept coming to work and trying rather than obeying her edict that I should resign. The letter is not factual, but is in my permanent file and was likely sent to the state unemployment office.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 6 months ago.
are you asking what action could be taken in regard to this situation?