Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I am leaving a job and have earned a bonus through 3/31, the

Customer Question

I am leaving a job and have earned a bonus through 3/31, the contract I have says it CAN be paid out depending on the arrangements at time of separation or termination. Tomorrow is my last day and I want to know how to handle this? I want the money I earned.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.
Request in a letter that you want the money you earned describing the amount of money at issue. You are entitled to every penny you earned and the provision stating the money is "paid out depending on the arrangements at time of separation" is an illusory promise and not enforceable.I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a lot of reasons for leaving that could have gotten the company and manager into trouble, but I stayed quiet. However, I do want the money owed to me, so is there a way I can word the letter to make them understand I will take legal action without being threatening?
Yes, simply end the letter with something to this effect. I hope to resolve these issues without being required to seek court intervention.I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.