Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

After a notice of resignation of employment is given to an

Customer Question

After a notice of resignation of employment is given to an employer is the employee entitled to the use of their sick time?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. An employee is not entitled to use sick time unless they are actually sick. An employer can request a doctor's note to verify an employee's illness before paying for such time. Thus, an employee is not entitled to use their sick time simply because they have given notice of their intent to resign. I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.
Were you able to view my answer? Please let me know if there is anything else I can do....