Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a seasonal business,is there any way that i can

Customer Question

Hi, i have a seasonal business,
is there any way that i can preclude them (in Minnesota) from taking unemployment in off season.
Thank you, Duane
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
my phone is(###) ###-#### ***** i would prefer a call with the answer,
Thank you
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.
There is no way to exclude the unemployment tax in "off season." You must pay the unemployment tax and report all wages as required by law. See Minnesota Statutes Chapter 268 Section 268.051 and Section 268.044 https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=268.051 https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=268.044 Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My question not unemployment tax, but claim, do seasonal businesses have any way to preclude people from being hired that would take unemployment ? And how do you calculate the cost to us if they do?
Thank you for the clarification. My question not unemployment tax, but claim, do seasonal businesses have any way to preclude people from being hired that would take unemployment ? Response 1: Regrettably, no. And how do you calculate the cost to us if they do? Response 2: I am sorry, but I cannot answer this question. You need to direct it to the tax category.