Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

My mentally challenged adult daughter worked part time and

Customer Question

My mentally challenged adult daughter worked part time and she was a contracted emolyee from an agency that serves those with disabilities to companies who contract with them.
She also has a job coach who went to her job site 2xs a week.
To make a long story short. A situation had come up and my daughter said that a co worker seemed to be following her around from time to time at work. When she was cleaning the conference rooms this women was there, when she was cleaning the kitchens here was this women. My daughter never asked who this women was she just did what she was to do. It wasn't until she was put under this microscope if you will when it just got to her when she said something to me.
Given the nature of the problem it was decided that the best way to deal with this was for her sake was for her to resign. This company never talked with my adult daughter about what she was doing wrong nor did they talk with her her job coach they went to the head of the program my daughter was with who didn't have direct contract with her as her job coach had.
Now my daugther resigned (she had worked there for 1 1/2 years) and she and her job coach went to the contracted employer so the letter of resignation could be given to them and my daughter could pick up her things and leave. Her job coach handed the letter to my daughter's supervisor and then he was introduced to the mystery Co worker woman who had been following my daugther around from time to time.This women wasn't a co worker as my daughter thought she is the Vice President of Human Resources.
My question, was it legal for this company to keep this woman's title a secret from my daugther and never introducing this woman to my daughter's job coach till the day my daugther had to resign?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 8 months ago.
There was no legal duty to introduce your daughter and the women during your daughter's employment. Do you believe your daughter was treated differently because of her mental illness?
I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.