Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I signed a contract to recieve tuition re-imbursement if I

Customer Question

I signed a contract to recieve tuition re-imbursement if I remained an employee w/ the co. for 24 mos. The contract states even if there is termination or job eleimination, I am responsible to pay it back if committment is unfulfilled. After getting licensed, I went to four job interviews, w/ co., but was not hired. I got hired w/ another co. Now they want $7000 back. I wanted to know how binding this contract is.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. I think I am confused by your summary of the facts. If you had to "remain an employee" then why were you going on job interviews? How are they claiming you breached the agreement? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.