Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I live in Austin, Texas and need assistance with a non-compete

Customer Question

I live in Austin, Texas and need assistance with a non-compete issue where I left a company and they have exercised the non-compete. I had no alternative since I went from 5 funeral homes to 2 in the pre-need business. I was making $3500 every 2 weeks to $700. They offered a counter offer when I resigned, but took away my select producer title and only offered an independent agent when they offered another funeral home which an independent agent doesn't offer benefits, expenses which I was getting when I resigned. I need help. I resigned 2/29 and do not have money to fight them and they know this. Please someone help me. This is FDLIC and Unity hired me as an independent agent and they were mailed a certified letter by FDLIC and now will not allow me to write policies for them in fear of being sued. I can't write anywhere in the state of Texas.... are you serious? I tried to write for a friend in Ft. Worth, Texas.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. What exactly can I answer for you in regards ***** ***** i.e. what is your question? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.