Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

My boss seems to be singling me out and others have noticed

Customer Question

My boss seems to be singling me out and others have noticed it. I work at chipotle and none of us know who our HR rep is. This man belittles me and touches all the girls so I whistle blowed to my higher up and I was told he found out and since then he has been extra nasty
What should I do
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance. HR is not a legal requirement for an employer to have, so you may actually not have an HR rep. Even if you do, HR works for the company and not for employees (as people are often led to believe). In employment law, being singled out is not illegal, in and of itself. You must also be able to allege specific facts which demonstrate that the reason for your being singled out is your race, religion, gender, age or disability. Without being able to point to point of those factors as the basis for your being singled out, you'd have no legal claim you could make here anyway. If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.
Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.