Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

In the 1980's I worked in Chicago and never vested with 10

Customer Question

in the 1980's I worked in Chicago and never vested with 10 years I had 7-3/4 years I am I leagally entitled to that money I paid in
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Kindly provide proper foundation for your question.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was a union carpenter from !977-1986 ,to get vested for retirement you have to have 10 years back then ,i only had 7-3/4 years Do i lose all the money that they took out of my check for retirement
Thank you for the information. Unfortunately and quite regrettably, the answer is yes. If you are not vested, you are not entitled to the pension benefits. Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.