Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

I work town in public works department, this is a

Customer Question

I work for small town in public works department, this is a system where the council votes on all decisions and mayor has very limited power, I recently was asked by council to perform some tasks and did the council showed appreciation but the mayor did not due to the information not being in line with his agenda. The mayor and I had a verbal disagreement in which the council was present along with several witnesses approximately 9 in total as the mayor approached myself in a physical manner with the intention to physically intimidiate me. The witness statements all coloborate this! Since the mayor has treated me unfairly and has stated to another city employee he has a personel issue with me. There was an assault charge filed and sheriffs questioned the mayor shortly after incident in which he says he was trying to physically intimidiate me. Do I have grounds for taking action on this matter?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 6 months ago.
did you incur a loss that is quantifiable or incur any medical expenses?
awaiting your reply.
You can pursue legal action to the extent you incurred any monetary damages or emotional harm. You may also seek an injunction and award of costs, interest and legal fees.