Albert Marmero
Albert Marmero,
Experience:  Partner at Long, Marmero, & Associates, LLP

I have two separate businesses that operate under the same

Customer Question

I have two separate businesses that operate under the same office and using the same employees. How do I the separate the expenses and if I can have them under one roof. If yes, Can online services help me to do it or I will need an attorney.
thank you for your help.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Albert Marmero replied 6 months ago.
Do you own the space? If so, my recommendation would be to form an entity that owns the space and then enter seperate leases with each of the businesses you own. If you don't own the space, but rent it, have whichever business leases the space enter into a sublease with your other business. This way, they are seen as totally seperate, despite sharing space.As for the rest, just keep totally seperate books for each business for accounting, etc.Is this helpful? Do you have any further questions?