Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.

I am a maintenance worker and I want to no if there is a 2

Customer Question

I am a maintenance worker and I want to no if there is a 2 hour minimum for on call in califorina
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: No if I was call in on a emergency call end it only took five minutes is there a two hour minimum pay in California
JA: Anything else I can tell the Employment Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No that's it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, My name is***** am one of the Experts in the Legal Category and would be glad to assist you and the only thing that I ask of you is that yo\u leave a positive rating for my assistance so that JustAnswer will give me creit for my assisting you, Fair enough If you and your employer have an agreement to be paid by the hour, then the obligation of the employer is to pay you and other employees only for the actual amount of time you worked. You should also check with your employer about payment to you for calls you make that are after your normal work day such as night and weekend calls. Your employer might be obligated to pay you more for these service calls that are not done during your regular work day. ​ If I have answered your questions completely, please be kind enough to leave a Positive Rating. This will not cost you anything additional and it is the only way that JustAnswer, will know that I have answered your questions and give me credit for assisting you. Thank you for understanding, ANDREA