Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I accepted a position at age 72 and after recent open heart

Customer Question

I accepted a position at age 72 and after recent open heart surgery and rehab. The person hiring me agreed verbally to an orientation with another person that would be limited in physical demands, and I was to then work only on Saturdays with another person. New management has denied all previous arrangements and says that "seasoned" employees don't need that much orientation and she is ignoring my need to work with another employee. I am the oldest employee there and I think I am being "kicked to the curb." Do I have grounds for a law suit?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. Do you have any reason to believe this is happening to you specifically because of how old you are? For example have derogatory comments been made about your age? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.