Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

I have worked as a non-union paramedic third service

Customer Question

I have worked as a non-union paramedic for a third service agency for 18 years. We went signed union cards in June 2014 and are now in mediation. Our new Public Hospital Board is threatening to end paramedic services. Early in the negotiations their lawyer cautioned them to be careful stating we (the medics) could sue for back wages for overtime as we are FSLA and have never been paid for overtime. I all of my time documented. I've worked over 100 hours of overtime per month for the last three years.
If our jobs are lost I am considering trying to recover lost wages. Is this possible? If so, how far back can I go?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 6 months ago.
Yes you may indeed do so. You may go back 2 years for non payment under flsa, and if you can show they did so intentionally it would be 3 years. Normally it would be handled by an employment class action lawyer working on commission so you have no down side in pursuing it. is a good directory. The claims often settle given exposure to liquidated damages, legal fees, and other penalties. Kindly rate me positively.