Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

In Houston, on 2/21/16, my principal in Spring Branch ISD advised me I

Customer Question

In Houston, on 2/21/16, my principal in Spring Branch ISD advised me I needed to be placed on a probationary type plan (I was a new Elm SPED teacher). I was under a year's contract. I informed them I did not like my job and "would leave if I could" (this was just an emotional reactionary charged statement on my part) I did say I would stay to finish the year. The principal said that it was kind of me to offer to finish the school year, but that it would not be necessary. (she wanted me to leave asap) She said she would contact HR and ask about letting me out of my contract. Because she had expressed a desire for me to leave that day, I emailed her and told her I would. Then, at the insistance of the principal, I signed an ISD resignation form.
I did not wish to leave my job, but did not go to work further as she told me I should leave. I would like this mattter to be investgated further by the EEOC and the HR dept. of the school district. The HR dept. never requested an exit interview or I would have conveyed this information.
Please advise how I may proceed further to request an EEOC investigation.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. you mention that you want an EEOC investigation. EEOC becomes involved in cases of discrimination. Do you feel that you were discriminated against? If so, based on what (race, religion, creed, etc)? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an age discrimination Eeoc claim. I failed to mention some earlier facts. Thank you for your help. I do not plan on pursuing any legal action at this time, since I may need them as a reference for my next position... Take care, Ty
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Okay. It sounds like you want to cancel the question, so I am going to let customer service know of this.
Good luck.